If you are the victim of a violent crime such as an assault, wounding, mugging or sexual offence, you can claim compensation from the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA).

Regardless of whether the person who committed the crime against you is found and charged, you can still claim.

Reporting your Assault or Injury

You must report the incident immediately and you must assist the police in their investigations and any subsequent prosecution. If you do not, your claim may be rejected.

You must seek medical advice from the hospital and/or your GP straight away, and you must continue to seek medical advice until your injuries are resolved. If you do not, you may not achieve the minimum award.

You must submit your claim to the CICA within 2 years of the incident. If you do not, your claim may be rejected.

It is also essential to contact a trusted legal claims specialist without delay.

This is why Attwaters Jameson Hill’s Personal Injury solicitors are here.

We pledge to provide every client with outstanding personal service and communication, unrivalled industry knowledge and a proven track record of successfully achieving compensation for clients who have made claims resulting from an assault or criminal injury.

Whenever possible we will seek to obtain an interim payment from the responsible party’s insurers to assist with any financial hardship you have been caused and to pay for treatment privately.

If you think you may have grounds for a claim resulting from an assault or criminal injury, Attwaters Jameson Hill will offer you a jargon-free consultation and assessment free of charge.

If you have a strong case, please don’t delay. Call us now for free specialist advice and NO WIN NO FEE representation.

Awards and Accolades

  • acn clinical negligence
  • acn conveyancing quality
  • acn family law
  • The Legal 500 – The Clients Guide to Law Firms
  • Best places to wok in UK
  • ERC Endorsement
  • Lexcel
  • AVMA
  • SCIL