My Professional Background
- I advise on all areas of Family law and adopt the codes of practice, as set out by Resolution (which I am a member of). I have gained a wealth of experience over the years and throughout all my time studying, being able to benefit from hands-on experience. I feel my personal values are shown in the way I work and build my client relationships. We are all only human after all.
- My first case taught me never to judge – it was a care case involving a young, professional woman, who was a mother. I felt I could really relate to her and seeing how she had been taken over by her addictions had a big impact on me.
- My career at the firm started fresh out of school as an Office Junior. Whilst I had not contemplated a career in law, my interest and enthusiasm for it grew working within the legal environment. I was offered a trainee position and indeed the firm have supported me every step of the way by opening up doors I never really felt possible.
- I qualified as a Fellow Legal Executive in 2005. I undertook the GDL at De Montfort University, Leicester, and my LPC through BPP University Law School, London.
- I first joined Attwaters Jameson Hill in 1997. I returned in a trainee capacity in 2000. At the time I worked predominantly in our Family and Criminal departments. I have worked solely in our Family department, in a fee earning capacity since 2004.
Achievements and Accreditations
- Member of Resolution
- In Chambers and Partners 2024 I am ranked Band 2 – “Stephanie is very dedicated to her work and very caring towards her clients.” “Stephanie is fantastic – she is user-friendly and accessible.”
- I am described in the Legal 500 directory as a ‘sympathetic and down-to-earth Solicitor who provides good solid advice’
I am a local girl having been born and raised in Essex. My favourite meal is a roast dinner with all the trimmings, prepared by my mum, and I enjoy a Jack Daniels and coke. I am a season ticket holder at Craven Cottage, home of the mighty Fulham Football club. I embrace the Formula 1 season immensely and love to shop. I enjoy these things with my family. I am not a fan of spiders, but I would take being faced with a spider any day over being in a confined space. My dream job would be a sports presenter. If I was on a desert island, I would like to have my daughter with me – or failing that, Elvis.