My Professional Background
I specialise in contentious probate, breach of contract claims and building disputes, although I deal with all aspects of civil and commercial litigation.
Before joining Attwaters in 2006, I worked for an international law firm in the City for eight years. I qualified as a Chartered Legal Executive in 2006, whilst working full time. Litigation has so many areas and it does not always revolve around money. I once had someone telephone to ask for advice about their cat that had been kidnapped!
Achievements / Accreditations
- in 2022 Legal 500 one commentator says ‘Leanne Philp shows considerable considerable strategic ability and is calm under fire.’
- In the 2018 Legal 500, I am highlighted as having “good instincts and can be relied upon to meet deadlines and get work done.”
- In the 2017 Legal 500, the directory commented that I am ‘experienced and intuitive‘ and ‘readily gains her clients’ trust’.
- Acted for a Defendant against the local Council, which we lost in the Cambridge County Court, after the judge made a mistake in his findings. We appealed to the Appeal Court in Royal Courts of Justice, and quashed the judge’s finding, saving our client her home. This case has been reported in the English law reports.
- Acted in a large partnership dispute, in which the other side tried to commit our client to prison for breaching a court order. We were successful in getting the committal application struck out and our client was awarded her costs.
I live in Essex with my husband, who I have been with since 1998. We now have a little boy who keeps me entertained when I’m out of the office. I like eating pizza and enjoy a glass of wine. I like reading, skiing and dieting and have a phobia of wasps. My dream job would be an armed Police officer. If I was on a desert island and was allowed one companion, I’d choose Mark Owen – but if he was busy, my husband!