My Professional Background
I have specialised in clinical negligence claims for almost 20 years.
My particular areas of expertise are spinal, brain and birth injuries. I have handled a multitude of neurological, ophthalmic, obstetric, gynaecological, surgical and oncology cases.
Much of my caseload involves complex, maximum severity and fatal claims and my cases are chiefly against hospital trusts, general practitioners and private consultants.
I have joined Attwaters Jameson Hill from Slater and Gordon where I was a Principal Lawyer in the London Clinical Negligence team.
I take pride in being approachable and am dedicated to achieving results for clients. I gain huge satisfaction when compensation awards are life changing for clients, giving them access to aids and equipment or more suitable accommodation and allowing them to lead fuller lives.
- Accredited Member of the Specialist Law Society Clinical Negligence Panel.
- Recognised by Legal 500 as a key lawyer
- Recognised by The Good Lawyer Guide for outstanding legal practice.
- Member of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers
Key cases include:
- Seminal case in the High Court: Muller v Kings College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust – delayed diagnosis of melanoma
- Premature removal of spinal rods resulting in spinal cord infarct and paralysis £6.07 million
- Delayed diagnosis of cauda equina – £3.4 million
- Delayed diagnosis of sub arachnoid haemorrhage – £2.75 million
- Demise of mother following childbirth due to misdiagnosis of cerebral haemorrhage – £850,000
- Inadequate colposuspension procedure – £600,000
- Delayed diagnosis of encephalitis – £1.8 million
- Delayed diagnosis of aqueduct stenosis resulting in blindness –£ 2.3 million
- Cerebral palsy cases due to mismanagement of labour
I co-wrote an article on the issues surrounding breach of duty in the case of Muller v King College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust in PI Focus Magazine. I have co-written an article discussing the Bolam principle in relation to the same case in PI Brief Update Law Journal. I have also provided training for the Spinal Injuries Association.
I was born in Bedfordshire and now live in Hertfordshire. I enjoy hiking, dancing, dragon boat racing and am Governor at St John the Baptist Primary School. My favourite food is pasta and I enjoy baking. If I were on a desert island I would take my family with me.