Why make a Will?
Lockdown has shown us all how quickly and unexpectedly our circumstances can change. If you don’t have a valid Will, now is the time to take action.
If you don’t make a Will, your property and other assets may not pass to whom you want.
The future wellbeing of your family may depend on you having prepared an effective and legally valid Will.
The following is a list of just a few of the potential consequences of not making a Will:
- Your husband or wife may not have enough money to live on
- The family home may need to be sold
- Distant relatives or even the Government may benefit from your estate
- Unmarried partners will receive nothing from your estate unless they pursue a possible claim through the Courts
- Your family may pay significantly more tax than is necessary
- If your husband or wife remarries, your children may get nothing when he or she dies
- Your children may receive a large amount of money at the age of 18, an age you may think is too young to be able to handle such amounts in an appropriate way
- No charities close to your heart can benefit from your estate
- No guardians will have been appointed to look after your children
This is why Attwaters Jameson Hill’s Wills, Trusts & Probate team is here.
We pledge to provide every client with outstanding personal service and communication, unrivalled industry knowledge and a proven track record of helping our clients prepare Wills which ensure their wishes are carried out and their potential tax liabilities are minimised.
How do we achieve this?
Our understanding of property, trusts and tax law will help you cater for a number of different possibilities to specifically suit your own personal circumstances.
We will work with you to prepare a Will geared to maximising your peace of mind and achieving the end results you desire.
If you prepared a Will some years ago, changes in your own personal, family or financial circumstances may lead you to believe that the Will no longer reflects your current wishes.
Recent changes in the Inheritance Tax provisions may also mean you need to review your Will.
Attwaters Jameson Hill’s Wills, Trusts & Probate specialists are available in all our offices and can arrange to visit you in your own home, nursing home or hospital if preferred. We also offer a no cost discussion to help you identify whether or not any changes would be beneficial to you and your loved ones.
It may be more difficult to make a Will in lockdown, but it’s certainly not impossible. Our team of experts are on hand to help and provide any advice you require. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 0330 221 8855 to speak to a member of our team.