My Professional Background
I joined Attwaters Jameson Hill in 1995 when I became a specialist in Personal Injury law. I was invited to be a Partner in 1997 an appointment I am very proud of as I was the first woman Partner in the firm’s long history. I then became Head of Department shortly thereafter, currently heading up our Dispute Resolution Team.
Achievements / Accreditations
- In Legal 500 2024 it is noted ‘Sheenagh Parsons is a well established leader in her field. Any client that receives the benefit of her expertise is a client receiving the highest quality legal representation possible
- In Legal 500 2021 I am described as being a ‘heavyweight in the field.’
- In Legal 500 2018 I am described as ‘extremely able, experienced and approachable’
- In Chambers and Partners 2019 I have again been ranked as ‘Recognised Practitioner’
- In Chambers and Partners 2018, I am ranked as a “Recognised Practitioner”.
I was born in Stevenage. My parents were both Irish and I am the fourth of five children. I have a very strong affinity with Ireland; before I started school I lived with my Granny on the family farm for about 18 months and returned to Ireland to spend the summer holidays there. I was schooled in Hertfordshire in local Catholic schools, I was one of the first years to experience the ‘Comprehensive’ education system. I am married; we have two sons and three grandchildren.
I hadn’t finished my education before my children were born and I had absolutely no idea what I wanted to do. When my youngest started school, I signed up for a foundation course in Surveying. Whilst I enjoyed the science element of the course, my favourite subjects were Law and Planning. It was this course that led me to do a Law degree and qualify as a Solicitor.
My favourite meal is roast dinner my favourite tipple is champagne. My interests include agility training with my border collie, Psycho Bob. I spend a lot of my spare time with him training in Working Dog Trials and Agility; he could be very good if it wasn’t for me!