My Professional Background
I specialise in Wills, trusts, probate & administration of estates, estate & tax planning, powers of attorney and Court of Protection applications. I have a wide range of experience acting for elderly and vulnerable clients. My particular interest lies within Court of Protection work, having worked on a number of medical negligence and serious personal injury cases, involving very large damages awards.
Having graduated from university with a Law degree, I went on to complete the Legal Practice Course. I qualified as a Solicitor in 2005 after completing my training, and have specialised in Private Client Law ever since.
I joined Attwaters in 2006, gaining experience in a wide variety of Private Client work in the years to follow, and became a Partner in 2011.
I aim to make my clients feel at ease, by providing them with advice that is clear, practical and easy to understand. I am proud to have gained recognition for Court of Protection work in the Legal 500 and would like to continue to build my reputation in this area, along with others that I cover.
Achievements / Accreditations
- In Legal 500 2024 Ranked as a ‘Leading Individual’ in Court of Protection Work and Tax, Trusts and Probate ‘Lesley-Ann Mayhew offers a personal and professional service. Hugely knowledgeable with an unrivalled personal touch.’ and another saying ‘Lesley-Ann Mayhew is interested in her client’s welfare, takes time to understand the issues at hand and provides the level of support that is required, adapting to different situations as needed’ also ‘Really warm and friendly approach. Lesley-Ann Mayhew is communicative, supportive, and very pleasant to work with’.
- In Legal 500 2022 Ranked as a ‘Leading Individual’ in Court of Protection Work and Tax, Trusts and Probate ‘Stand out partner is Lesley-Ann Mayhew is always pleasure to work with’.
- In Legal 500 2022 Ranked as a ‘Leading Individual’ for her Court of Protection Work and her Tax, Trusts and Probate work with clients and peers commenting on her ‘natural ability to lead a cohesive and skilful team, which results in a client output of the highest quality. Her experience, knowledge and laser like focus ensures a superior client delivery. It goes without saying that she is better than her competitors, she’s one of the best we’ve worked with‘. they find her ‘extremely communicative, professional and committed to her clients. She is a real team player and enjoys working collaboratively‘ and ‘a key individual at the firm. Her flexibility and tenacity in dealing with both court of protection and probate matters gives the client a real force to be reckoned with in the field.’ Commenting on the team it is noted ‘We’ve worked with the team for a number of clients, and what stands out is its attention to detail, the exceptional level of client care, and its ability to communicate and help us deliver on the client’s mandate. Its cohesiveness and focus on output, is second to none, and clearly the result of Lesley-Ann Mayhew’s leadership‘.
- In Legal 500 2021 Ranked as a ‘Leading Individual’ for her Court of Protection Work and a ‘Next Generation Partner’ for her Tax, Trusts and Probate work with one commentator describing her as “ a star performer who has strong, incisive knowledge of this field. She is an extraordinarily hard worker who works tirelessly for her clients‘ and another stating she ‘”goes from strength to strength. She is both approachable and efficient‘. Finally ‘The superb Lesley-Ann Mayhew acts as deputy to some of their clients that lack capacity. She is extremely knowledgeable and sympathetic to clients needs.‘
- Ranked as ‘Leading Individual’ and ‘Next Generation Partner’ in the Legal 500 2020. “Lesley-Ann Mayhew has a strong work ethic, a deep and wide knowledge of the issues and always ensures that advice is provided promptly.“
- Ranked as ‘Next Generation Lawyer’ in the Legal 500 2018 and described as a “very capable performer” who “explains difficult concepts with great ease” “Partner Lesley-Ann Mayhew is complimented on her ability to deal with “complex and intricate issues […] with great authority and aptitude.” in her Court of Protection work”
- In Legal 500 2017 noted as The “hugely knowledgeable, creative and unflappable” Mayhew is “entirely winning in her professional approach” and is also recommended for her Court of Protection expertise.
- Member of the Society for Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
I was born in Chelmsford, Essex, and have lived in and around the area for most of my life. I thought I was destined for a career in music, playing the piano and bassoon in various orchestras and ensembles. I also sang in choirs and bands throughout my teens, even completing a stint on the West End stage – somehow I ended up in Law!
I enjoy Italian food and like a glass of champagne. My interest in music has continued; I also like outdoor activities and have a love of animals.