My Professional Background
I specialise in Wills, trusts, probate & administration of estates, estate & tax planning, powers of attorney and Court of Protection applications. I have a wide range of experience acting for elderly and vulnerable clients. My particular interest lies within Court of Protection work, having worked on a number of medical negligence and serious personal injury cases, involving very large damages awards.
Having graduated from university with a Law degree, I went on to complete the Legal Practice Course. I qualified as a Solicitor in 2005 after completing my training, and have specialised in Private Client Law ever since.
I joined Attwaters in 2006, gaining experience in a wide variety of Private Client work in the years to follow, and became a Partner in 2011.
I aim to make my clients feel at ease, by providing them with advice that is clear, practical and easy to understand. I am proud to have gained recognition for Court of Protection work in the Legal 500 and would like to continue to build my reputation in this area, along with others that I cover.
Achievements / Accreditations
- Ranked as ‘Leading Individual’ and ‘Next Generation Partner’ in the Legal 500 2020.
- “Lesley-Ann Mayhew has a strong work ethic, a deep and wide knowledge of the issues and always ensures that advice is provided promptly.” Legal 500 2020
- Ranked as ‘Next Generation Lawyer’ in the Legal 500 2018 and described as a “very capable performer” who “explains difficult concepts with great ease”
- “Partner Lesley-Ann Mayhew is complimented on her ability to deal with “complex and intricate issues […] with great authority and aptitude.” in her Court of Protection work” Legal 500 2018.
- The “hugely knowledgeable, creative and unflappable” Mayhew is “entirely winning in her professional approach” and is also recommended for her Court of Protection expertise. Legal 500 2017
- Member of the Society for Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
I was born in Chelmsford, Essex, and have lived in and around the area for most of my life. I thought I was destined for a career in music, playing the piano and bassoon in various orchestras and ensembles. I also sang in choirs and bands throughout my teens, even completing a stint on the West End stage – somehow I ended up in Law!
I enjoy Italian food and like a glass of champagne. My interest in music has continued; I also like outdoor activities and have a love of animals.