Attwaters Jameson Hill advises both employers and employees on their rights and obligations under employment law. We see things from both sides, and this enables us to provide tailor-made advice at every stage of the working relationship.
We are a specialist team of employment lawyers with offices in Hertfordshire, Essex and London. We are able to combine forces with our colleagues in other departments such as property, litigation and commercial law to provide watertight legal solutions.
What We Do
Clients come to us from every business and industry so we have a practical understanding of the issues faced by employees and companies in the real world. Because we represent businesses in all sectors, we have an up-to-date knowledge of the rules relevant to particular industries, including the laws that govern the employment of casual staff and agency workers. In a legal area that changes fast, this is key. Follow the links below for more information about our work:
- Employment law advice for employers – We advise on the full range of employment law issues, including discrimination matters, redundancy payments and misconduct dismissals.
- Employment law advice for employees – We represent employees who are in dispute with their employer. We have particular expertise in the drafting and negotiation of settlement agreements, often securing a more attractive exit package for our clients than the one originally offered.
- Whistleblowing advice for employers and employees – We offer guidance to both whistleblowers and their employers regarding their rights and responsibilities under the law if an employee makes a disclosure about wrongdoing they have witnessed at work.
We also advise on a wide range of corporate and commercial matters relating to employment law, including:
- Exit strategies with senior executives (negotiation, mediation, etc.)
- Advising on contracts and terms
- Changes to contracts
- Expanding on restrictive covenants
- Dealing with directors
- Providing HR support where required
Your Questions Answered
Are you concerned about long-term sickness? Do you need to lay employees off? What is constructive dismissal? Can I ask for better terms in my settlement agreement? If you have questions, get in touch. You can also download useful employment law guides.
To arrange an appointment and find out about how we can arrange legal insurance protection, call us on 0330 221 8855 or contact us online.