My Professional Background
I deal with a wide variety of Clinical Negligence cases, including those relating to wrongful diagnosis, surgical error, fatal accidents and sub-standard nursing care. I act for families in inquest proceedings, with a particular interest in those involving vulnerable clients and those suffering with mental ill health. I also represent clients in the preparation and administration of personal injury trusts.
I joined Attwater & Liell (as it was previously known) in October 2007, as part of the administration team. At that time, I was fresh out of law school and over the ensuing years, I undertook several roles at the firm, including Marketing Assistant. I commenced my legal career as a Paralegal in the Family department and since then, I have acquired a diverse legal background. I undertook my LPC at the University of Westminster, where I achieved a Commendation. Following this, I undertook my training contract at the firm within the Wills, Trusts & Probate, Conveyancing and Medical Negligence departments. I joined the highly respected Medical Negligence department, as a qualified Solicitor, in April 2015.
Achievements / Accreditations
- Described in The Legal 500 2020 as “a professional solicitor with a kind approach and who has been exceptional while dealing with trauma. His commitment, empathy & knowledge has been outstanding.”
- Named ‘Associate to Watch’ in Chambers and Partners 2020. “We can’t speak highly enough. Without him and all his hard work and dedication we would not have had the outcome we had. He gave us a voice and it was heard.”
- Damages of £350,000 secured for a client who was wrongly diagnosed with cancer
- An award of damages of £25,000 for a client who underwent negligent wrist surgery
- Damages of £80,000 secured for a client following negligently performed hand and wrist surgery
- A five-figure settlement for a client who underwent an unnecessary and negligently performed revision of earlier hip replacement surgery.
- Secured an adjournment and the instruction of an independent medical expert to ensure that an inquest into the death of a young man following a road traffic accident would be properly and thoroughly investigated
- Secured Legal Aid Exceptional Funding, ensuring that families are properly represented at inquests
- Five-figure settlement secured for my client, where the Defendant maintained a denial of liability throughout
- Secured an offer of settlement in a case of negligently performed surgery at a Private Hospital, where the client had previously been told that there were no prospects of success by a firm of Solicitors in London
- Secured a change of practice in a Private Hospital, so that when undertaking observations on a mental health unit it will include the checking of a patient’s breathing, following representation at an Inquest
- A six-figure damages award was secured for my client in a failure to diagnose case, against a GP
- Secured a full and proper 5 day Inquest for a family, before a Jury, which had previously been listed for just 2 hours
- Successfully settled a Human Rights Act claim on behalf of the family of a Mental Health patient, resulting in a damages award of five figures, having previously represented the family at the Inquest
- Claim following a fall in a care home successfully settled with damages award of four figures
- Four figure damages award secured following negligent care and treatment in hospital. Patient’s deterioration was not escalated which led to her untimely death
- Successful claim against a GP practice who failed to implement an adequate prescription management system, which led to the death of a patient
- Five figure damages award secured for the deceased’s children
- Recently featured in local press in respect of a recently settled case against the Princess Alexandra Hospital, click here for the article
- Featured as the Law Society Gazette’s ‘Lawyer in the News’, click here for full article
I am extremely passionate about the work I undertake and find working with families going through the inquest process highly rewarding. I strongly believe in fair access to justice, particularly for those who are most vulnerable. Outside of work, I live in Buckhurst Hill, Essex. I enjoy visiting art galleries and spending my free time with friends and family. I am also a fully qualified Level 3 Personal Trainer.