‘Mindful employer’ status for Attwaters Jameson Hill
We are very pleased to announce that Attwaters Jameson Hill has signed the Charter for Employers Positive about Mental Health, and is now registered as a ‘mindful employer’. We join the more than 1,500 firms who have also signed this Charter since 2004. We hope it will offer our employees even more reassurance that we are fully committed to supporting their mental health and wellbeing.
In becoming a mindful employer, we have made an ongoing commitment to:
- Provide non-judgemental and proactive support to staff experiencing mental ill health.
- Not make assumptions about a person with a mental health condition and their ability to work.
- Be positive and enabling towards all employees and job applicants with a mental health condition.
- Support line managers in managing mental health in the workplace.
- Ensure we are fair in the recruitment of new staff in accordance with the Equality Act (2010).
- Make it clear that people who have experienced mental ill health will not be discriminated against, and that the disclosure of a mental health problem will enable both the employee and employer to assess and provide the right level of support and adjustment.
Commenting on our addition to the Charter, Partner and Head of HR, Catherine Dean, said:
“Mental health in the workplace has been a topic of much debate for some years now, while lockdown has greatly increased the stress and anxiety that many employees feel in their working environment.
“By making these commitments, we hope to send a message to all current and future employees that our environment is one of openness, honesty and trust, and that our employees should feel free to speak openly about any mental health issues they may be experiencing without fear of reprisals or discrimination. We believe this is the best, and indeed the only, way to guarantee a happy, productive and successful workforce in which all staff members feel valued, respected and fairly treated.”