A parent is responsible for ensuring that their child is safe and protected.

Sometimes parents may have difficulties which prevent them from doing this. They could have issues with alcohol or drugs, have mental health problems or be in a violent relationship. Sometimes they simply cannot cope with their children leading to neglect or harm.

The Social Services Department has a duty to offer support to parents who may need help in looking after their children. They may also consider removing a child, either temporarily or long-term, if they are of the opinion that a child is at risk of harm.

This is why the Attwaters Jameson Hill Family Law team is here.

We pledge to provide every client with outstanding personal service and communication, unrivalled industry knowledge and a proven track record of successfully resolving disputes involving child protection and adoption.

How do we achieve this?

The Attwaters Jameson Hill Family Law team can help with all matters relating to child protection and care proceedings. We act for parents, grandparents, foster parents or extended family members who are involved with Social Services.

We will attend legal planning meetings and we will represent you if the Social Services Department make an application for an Emergency Protection Order, Interim Care Order, Care Order or Supervision Order, including attending Court with you.

We can also act for you on adoption proceedings or if you or someone else applies for a Special Guardianship Order.

If the Social Services Department is involved with your family, it is crucial that you take early legal advice from a specialist childcare solicitor.

Attwaters Jameson Hill’s Joyti Henchie is a member of the the Law Society Family Law Advanced Accreditation Scheme (adult party representation).

Awards and Accolades

  • image awards
  • image awards
  • image awards
  • image awards
  • image awards