This is why Attwaters Jameson Hill’s Family Law team is here.
We pledge to provide every client with outstanding personal service and communication, unrivalled industry knowledge and a proven track record of successfully resolving matters requiring financial settlement.
If your relationship breaks down Attwater Jameson Hill’s specialist Family Law team will assist you in achieving a financial settlement (‘financial remedy’) and in the division of any property or assets. This applies to whether you are married or not.
How do we achieve this?
If both parties are able to agree a settlement between themselves, we can incorporate this into a draft Consent Order and present it to the Court. The Judge will be asked to make an Order without either party having to attend.
Alternatively, Attwaters Jameson Hill’s Family Law team can assist you in negotiating terms and achieving a settlement. We can do this through the traditional route of making an application to the Court or through the alternative options of Collaborative Law or Mediation.
When considering a fair and reasonable ancillary relief settlement, a Court will look at the circumstances of each case and take the following into account:
- Entitlements to any maintenance for yourself or your child
- Whether the former matrimonial home be sold or transferred to one party
- Whether one party is to receive an immediate or deferred share of their interest in the home
- How all other assets should be divided, including shares, stocks, ISAs, PEPs, premium bonds and savings
- Whether either party should be awarded a lump sum
- Whether there are any pensions that need to be divided or shared
- Where fitting, what will happen to the family business (this is a further area of our expertise)
Obtaining clear, high quality legal advice as soon as possible will ensure the correct issues can be identified and appropriate representations made.