Life is full of surprises. At Attwaters Jameson Hill we ensure that when your circumstances change unexpectedly, you and your family are prepared. Our specialist solicitors are dedicated to helping you put your affairs in order, whether through a carefully drafted will, a Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA) or a lifetime trust.
We have been helping people manage their affairs since 1901, advising them at regular intervals as their lives unfold.
Helping you plan ahead with Wills and Probate advice
You might be worried about the consequences of not making a will or have concerns about how your family will pay inheritance tax on your estate. You may need guidance on what LPAs involve or want to find out how to prevent your assets being used to pay care home fees.
If you have questions, talk to us. We are sensitive and understanding. Above all, our priority is to help you take decisions that will help you avoid distressing problems further down the line and make things clearer for those you leave behind.
How we can help. Making things easier – for you and your family
The team is recognised by Chambers & Partners, the guide to legal profession, and we are members of the Law Society Probate Section, Solicitors for the Elderly and the Society for Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP). We offer a full range of services, including:
- Wills – We accurately record your wishes and help minimise your tax liabilities.
- Probate and administration of estates – We work with you to wind matters up efficiently and ensure the deceased’s wishes are properly followed.
- Trusts & tax – For 110 years we have been advising on tax and trusts so we are ideally placed to meet your objectives.
- Personal injury trusts – Supported by our personal injury and medical negligence teams, we set up and administer trusts for people who have received significant amounts of compensation following injury.
- Elderly client services – We give elderly people and their family the peace of mind they need about the funding of their care and estate planning.
- Power of attorney – We explain the significance of LPAs and draft them in accordance with your specific instructions.
- Court of protection – Our work includes applications for statutory wills, lifetime gift orders and special needs trusts.
- Estate disputes and will disputes – Our litigation team handles all types of dispute, including those arising from a will or the management of assets during someone’s lifetime.
We are happy to visit you at home, in hospital or in your nursing home if it is more convenient. Call us on 0330 221 8855 or contact us online.