My Professional Background
I specialise in medical negligence, fatal accident and preventable suicide cases. I am responsible for a wide range of cases, including surgical error, misdiagnosis and sub-standard nursing and midwifery care. I am particularly interested in claims involving injuries to mother or baby during pregnancy and labour. I also represent families at inquests.
After gaining a Law degree from Queen Mary College, University of London, I joined Law Firm Edwards Son & Noice Solicitors in East London as a Trainee Solicitor and I qualified as a Solicitor specialising in medical negligence claims in 2010. I moved to Law firm Attwater & Liell (as it was previously known) in 2001 and became a Partner in the firm in 2009.
Achievements / Accreditations
- AvMA Clinical Negligence panel member
- Law Society Clinical Negligence panel member
- Recommended as a top tier ranking Medical Negligence Solicitor in Chambers & Partners 2017
- Legal 500 recommended Medical Negligence lawyer
- Ranked within Band 1 for Chambers and Partners 2017 with the following comments: “Head of department Madeline Seibert handles a wide range of complex clinical negligence claims, including matters arising due to negligent obstetric care. Sources name her ‘an absolute gem’ and commend her as ‘a very accurate and conscientious worker who is passionate about her clients’”.
- Medical Negligence department ranked in Band 1 for Essex in Chambers and Partners 2017.
- Described by the Legal 500 as an “effective litigator and good tactician” and by Chambers and Partners 2016 as “tough and uncompromising in terms of negotiating, but never forgetful of the human side”.
- Lexcel Senior Responsible Officer
- APIL Senior Litigator
- Obtained 1.75-million-pound settlement for a brain injury case concerning a child, who was injured as a result of the mismanagement of his mother’s labour, where liability and causation were strongly contested.
- £450,000 settlement for a young woman injured as a result of substandard surgery, causing spinal accessory nerve damage
- £250,000 settlement for injury caused by negligently performed bladder surgery
- Six-figure settlement for a delay in cancer diagnosis
- Court of Appeal hearing pending regarding delay in diagnosis of meningitis
I live in Broxbourne, Hertfordshire with my husband and two young children. I am a Trustee of Citizens Advice, Harlow, and am passionate about accessible justice for everyone. My interests include travel, reading psychological thriller novels, spiritual healing, meditation and trying to keep fit!